Thursday, March 27, 2014

Soapmaking Classes

For years I've been teaching people to make soap.

I've created handcrafted soap for over fifteen years, and there is such a fascination with that. Even people who don't want to learn to make soap are curious about the process. When people ask "How do you make it?" or "What's in it?" I struggle to come up with a quick answer. It's more involved than a ten second answer. Of course I usually say something about it being made of vegetable oils, water and lye. It's a general answer, but sometimes all they want to know.

Of course I would like to tell them about the properties of coconut oil and how it creates a big bubble lather. Or about combining it with oils like palm and olive to create the perfect hardness and mild conditioning properties. But mostly I want them to understand that I superfat with something cool like avocado oil to make it the perfect bar of soap that won't be drying to your skin. And there is so much more I want to tell them. But I have ten seconds.

However, some people really do want to know more. They want to get their hands on the oils and understand the process.Because of these requests and my love of teaching, I've decided to make my classes a more regular option.

The first one is scheduled for April 12. I've also scheduled a lotion making class on May 10.

If you are one of those people who is interested in understanding the process, and you are close enough to get here, I invite you to join us.

Read more about it on our website.

http://www.skintasticcreations.com/classes.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment